2021 Cadet Competition Jobs
(last updated 23 Oct 2021)
1. Greetings again to all CAP Alaska Wing (AKWG) Senior Members & CAC Cadets. You are invited to apply for the following positions for the 2021 Alaska Wing Cadet Competition (Virtual). The competition is planned for Saturday 4 December 2021. Other details will be determined in conjunction with the chosen executive staff.
- Senior Member Activity Director
- Cadet Assistant Activity Director
- Event Coordinators (one each for color guard, uniform inspection, uniform build, PT test, TLP, or other events to be finalized)
- Judges (Senior Members and cadet officers)
2. Experience. Prior experience in a CAP cadet competition is helpful but not mandatory. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the draft CAPP 60-74, Cadet Competition Curriculum Guide, expected to be officially issued on 26 Oct 2021. It *is* possible for members of squadrons with teams in the competition to serve as event coordinators and judges. We know you will serve with integrity.
3. Expectations. Please note that the Senior Member & Cadet Activity Directors are required to keep the Director of Cadet Programs (DCP) apprised of activity planning progress. The DCP has begun the planning process, and directors will continue the planning and execution of the competition in conjunction with the DCP. The director (or delegate) will communicate with competition staff and team escorts (Senior Member team advisors) regarding planning and preparation so that all participants get the most out of the activity.
4. Process. We will confirm receipt of your application by email. If you do not receive confirmation, please call Capt Karen Padgett at the number below. The top candidates may be interviewed by a selection board by phone, in a virtual meeting, or in person. Selections and appointments will be made by the Alaska Wing Commander, Col Kevin McClure. We anticipate this to happen on or about 8 Nov 2021.
5. Procedure. Submit an email by 11:59 pm on Saturday, 6 Nov 2021 to the email@example.com stating the position(s) you are interested in, why, and a bullet list of your applicable experience/qualifications.
6. Direct any questions to the AKWG Director of Cadet Programs, Capt Karen Padgett (firstname.lastname@example.org). NOTE: Any updates/edits to the job postings including the...... CAPP 60-.... when it is officially issued, will be listed here: https://akwg.cap.gov/programs/
- Alaska Wing Website Cadet Programs Staff Openings: https://akwg.cap.gov/programs/
cp/cpos/cp-jobs/comp) NOTE: Any updates/edits to the job postings will be listed here
- CAPP 60-75, Cadet Competition Curriculum Guide (expected here by 26 Oct 2021: https://www.
- 2021 AKWG Cadet Competition Operations Plan (currently in development)
text @akwgcp to 81010 for CDC/Cadet Programs Officer updates
Volunteers serving America's communities, saving lives, and shaping futures.