Cadet Advisory Council (CAC)
(updated 4 Oct 2021kp)
NEXT MEETING: 1830 (6:30 p.m. AK) Monday, 1 November 2021 on Google Meet Code aak-zpnn-ajn
If you are unable to attend, be sure your alternate or other member is representing your squadron at the meeting. RSVP to C/Lt Col Annika Ziesmer, Chair, at her CAP GMail address (autofills when you are logged into your own CAP GMail account)
To set up your CAP Google Account, follow the instructions here: https://lakehood.cap.gov/news/cap-googlegmail-account-setup
CAC CHANGE OF COMMAND VIRTUAL MEETING:
1300 (1:00 p.m.) On Saturday, 2 October 2021 on Google Meet Code aak-apnn-ajn
***Slides from presentation linked at far right of this page***
All AKWG 2021 CAC members and all AKWB 2022 CAC members will meet together. The outgoing CAC will brief the incoming CAC on parliamentary procedure, any ongoing projects, and details of their job duties. The incoming CAC will receive assignments for the upcoming month and the schedule of the upcoming years' meetings.
Help shape the Alaska Wing Cadet Program to best serve Alaska cadets!
The three purposes of the CAC are to:
• Provide a forum where cadets gain leadership experience at higher organizational levels.
• Aid the commander in monitoring and implementing the Cadet Program.
• Make recommendations to the commander for improving and running the Cadet Program.
(Reference CAPR 60-1, Chapter 7)
(1) Apply for region- and wing-level positions in August of each year
(2) Express your interest in representing your squadron to your Deputy Commander for Cadets
(3) Communicate regularly with your squadron CAC representatives and alternates--let them know your good ideas! Ask them what they've been hearing in CAC meetings! Pass the word!
Cadet Advisory Council representatives develop their leadership skills while advising their commanders on ways to improve the cadet program at the group, wing, region, or national echelon. Committees and teams are responsible for running the modern world through project teams, corporate boards of directors, democratic bodies, nonprofit community groups, and more. The CAC is the cadet’s opportunity to influence senior CAP leaders, improve cadet life, and increase their leadership effectiveness.
CAPR 60-1, Chapter 7: program guidance
CAPP 52-19 CAC Guide (overdue for revision but still useful)
Leadership in Committee: training materials for CAC representatives